Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
In today’s 21st century, technology has become such an integral part of how we communicate and how our world operates that we need employees who specialize in this field. The School of Computer and Information Sciences focuses on preparing students for occupations in information technology and computer operations. University of Cumberlands has been named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). There are just over 200 universities nationwide with CAE-CD designation, and only two other universities in Kentucky included in this elite group. We know what it takes to help you make an impact in the world of business with your Bachelor's degree in Information Technology.
As student of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Effectively use information resources
- Engage in intellectual research
- Communicate scientific knowledge
- Cultivate critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Become knowledgeable and well versed in the modern technology field
- Complete coursework 100% online with maximum convenience
Course curriculum includes:
- Application Software
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming
- Fundamentals of Databases
- Information Security and Assurance
- Web Design
- Server Administration
- Business Administration
The above curriculum is designed to help you build your technical abilities and gain the professional skills needed to become a valued IT professional. Our online information technology degree emphasizes insightful thinking, effective communication skills, and the ability to analyze complex information and face challenges with confidence.
What can I do with this degree?
A bachelor’s in IT from University of the Cumberlands can help set you up for numerous different careers within the IT field. See the below employment statistics from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Business analyst or systems analyst and administrator
- Expected to grow 25% through 2022
- Software engineer or programmer
- Expected to grow 22% through 2022
- Database manager or information technology manager
- Expected to grow 15% through 2022
Fill out the form on this page to learn more about our Information Technology program!